We have transitional roomsto allow women* with or without children to have a longer term accompaniment in order to prevent or get out of a homeless situation.
Transitional housing allows women in need to obtain temporary support to get their lives back in order and take the necessary steps to regain stability.
To have access to our accommodation, an admission interview with a counsellor is necessary.
*Please note that for this service, we have a waiting list. For any emergency, please refer to our Emergency Lodging section
- Be a person defining herself as a woman, 18 years of age or older with or without children;
- Encounter one or more difficulties that stand in the way of your stabilization in housing;
- Be able to meet, at a minimum, your daily needs (food, hygiene, medication);
- Be motivated to regain residential stability
The YWCA Quebec accompanies women towards greater autonomy, renewed self-esteem and a new start in life.
In a nutshell
- Response services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Each resident has a dedicated caregiver.
- The duration of the accommodation is determined according to the needs of each person.
- A stay plan is developed for each woman.
- Group activity programming is available on a voluntary basis.
- The cost of the room is set at 30% of the resident’s income.